Over the years this award winning New York based saxophonist has shared the stage and studio as leader and sideman with John Gilmore, Dr. Art Davis, Benny Powell, Kirk Lightsey, Bernard Purdie, Patience Higgins, Reuben Wilson, Danny Mixon, Wycliff Gordon, Bruce Cox, George Grey, Doug Sides, Wayne Dockery, Clifford Adams, Steve Turre, Belden Bullock, Ted Curson, Joe Lee Wilson, John Betsch, Calvin Hill, Michael Cochrane, The Sun Ra Arkestra, Cotton Club All Stars, Harlem Blues and Jazz Band and many others.
• Jazz Legacy Award, IOWA Juneteenth Observance, 2015
• Mayor's Award, City of Peekskill, 2014
• Blues Hall of Fame Inductee, 2013
• Tri M Music Honor Society, 2012
• Distinguished Career Award, Wm. Penn University, 2010
• Annual Ray Blue Jazz Award, Wm. Penn University, 2006 (presented to graduating senior).
Ray is the founder of Cross-Cultural Connection, Inc.
- a 501 (c) 3 organization that promotes jazz culture, education and performance.
Ray Blue endorses GB saxophones and Vandoren mouthpieces and reeds.